Nov. 15th marks America Recycles Day and LG Electronics is the only consumer electronics company sponsoring events nationwide to accelerate consumer recycling. LG Electronics USA is a corporate sponsor of America Recycles Day and Keep America Beautiful. Samsung, Apple, HTC and others are noticeably absent from supporting the only nationally recognized day for promoting recycling.
LG recycles over 15% of all of their electronics products which include household appliances, computers and mobile phones. Additionally, about 11% of all LG products use recycled plastics (post-industrial plastics). LG has targeted increasing the use of recycled plastics across 25% of all products worldwide.
The LG Recycling Program covers all of the LGE brands: LG, Goldstar and Zenith. Consumers can use one of three services outlined on the program website:
- Waste Management Drop-off points: The site provides a Zip Code locator for e-cycling virtually any type of consumer electronics product.
- E-Waste Map: Allows consumers to select their state to identify specific cities that accommodate e-cycling sites and sponsors.
- Eco-mobilization: Accelerates sustainability in corporate or high school-sponsored programs that motivate consumers to use renewable energy, educate users about the importance of sustainability and activate people to take a hands-on approach with tools such as the zero waste recycling program to reduce e-waste in landfills.
If you enjoyed reading this, you may also like to read:
- Apple Gains, Samsung Drops in Green Rankings
- The Yin and Yang of Jeju Island: From Swimming Mermaids to Solar Energy
- Apple’s Green iCloud to be Solar-Powered (with Infographic)
- Why Samsung can Win with Green (Eco) Products
© 2011 by Ed Valdez. All rights reserved.
Trademarks and Logos are properties of their respective companies.
Images courtesy of America Recycles Day and LG Electronics.
* Article first published as LG Leads the Way on Recycling Day on Technorati.